Every year, 10 million children under five die from preventable and treatable diseases. They're not dying from mysterious, incurable diseases, but from diarrhea, pneumonia, malnutrition and other causes that would be unthinkable in our own country.
Please click the link for Bantay Bata 163.
DEFINITION OF A CHILD
- A person who is 18 years old or younger.
- A person who is above 18 and who can not take care of himself due to certain circumstance.
THE RIGHTS OF EVERY FILIPINO CHILD
It is my right:
- To be born. To have a name and nationality.
- To be free. To have a family who will take care of me.
- To have a good education.
- To develop my potentials.
- To have enough food, shelter, a healthy and active body.
- To be given the opportunity for play and leisure.
- To be given protection against abuse, danger and violence brought by war and conflict.
- To live in a peaceful community.
- To be defended and assisted by the government.
- To be able to express my own views.